PS3 Jailbroken?

Its real but it isn't exactly a "hack" or "jail break"...its the PS3 SDK leaked by some internal guy from Sony.

But keep in mind that this is Sony's own product & these people are using it to make "profits" out of it by selling it and they don't have any kind of license to use the PS3 SDK & its tools in the first place...this is why these people are going to get hammered with a big fat lawsuit.

Comments from reputable scene guys:

Mathieulh: psjailbreak's so called "Backup Manager" (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk, The package itself is generated with Sony's official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn't have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools.

The binary itself seems to use the usual sce apis when it comes to the gui or copying files over. It does run on a debug console and displays a "nicely" done GUI that lets you "backup" your game to the external or usb hdd and "run" them later on.

Needless to say the backups wont "run" as their "backup manager" is just a regular fself running with game privileges and doesn't make use of any exploits that I can think of. Needless to say that if their so called usb dongle is real (which I doubt) it does extensive use of leaked sony's software and keys/certificates.

RichDevX: I hope nobody gave them money.

CJPC: Haven't tried it, but it looks like it will copy the game on a Debug PS3 but won't decrypt the executable... so, it's basically a giant "copy dev_bdvd/* hdd0/*" for lack of a better term.

And no these people didn't run the program with the dongle.

Originally Posted by Sony Computer Entertainment

It has come to our attention that the ps3's usb ports could potentially be use for piracy. To protect the consumer we have disabled the USB ports in the latest firmware update. Ps3 users can choose to buy a charge kit for there ps3 controllers for the cost of $70 if they wish to continue using there controllers after are optional yet required update, using usb port equipped items such as a computer will not work.

:roflroll:

Yeah lol what a scam, its not easy to hack PS3. They need to bypass BD copy protection as well

With this method they don't need to bypass...cause the security assumes its the real copy due to the SDK.

The thing is this is just your everyday PS3 devkit leaked by some guy, just how much chance do you think it has to go public/commercial (for outsiders) without sony firing & winning any lawsuits ?

Hint: ZERO

Its real but it isn't exactly a "hack" or "jail break"...its the PS3 SDK leaked by some internal guy from Sony.

But keep in mind that this is Sony's own product & these people are using it to make "profits" out of it by selling it and they don't have any kind of license to use the PS3 SDK & its tools in the first place...this is why these people are going to get hammered with a big fat lawsuit.

Comments from reputable scene guys:

And no these people didn't run the program with the dongle.

Fking twats...i hope they get sued to hell and also sue the a-hole sony guy who leaked this

Sony will take countermeasures....if Sony ever takes a feature and thats a big if....blame these fkers and not Sony!!

Even if this is true, it only takes Sony a firmware update to fix it. So, no issues I guess!

This is different, its not a hack,exploit or jailbreak.

Archived