Don Bradman Cricket 14 (old)

KnackChap

which platform would you buy this game for?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Release notes for CA upgrade releasing today:

* Holding Shift while the mouse is over a player will allow for head movement
* Additional Poses for Player Cards
* Split facial hair into sections
* Allow for Team Roster to uploaded with any number of players (max 25)
* Searches are saved
* Added Lagaan hat
* Added Lagaan batting pads
* Added Lagaan batting gloves
* Added new Uniform Top
* Added Top types - Short Sleeve/Long Sleeve/Jumper/Long sleeve with Vest
* Added new hair styles
* Added temple width slider
* Added masseter height slider
* Added eyelash opacity slider
* Added lip shade slider
* Refined Indian head shape
* Refined ethnicity defaults
* Refined arm hair

Cricket Academy Update#5 (Version 0.94) is Live!

If you do not have any version of the Cricket Academy installed then download the full setup file here:

http://download.cricketacademygame.com/

If you already have any version of the Cricket Academy installed then download an Update here:

http://update.cricketacademygame.com/

NOTE: All Cricket Academy Updates include all code from previous Updates and Releases. Setup files are kept up to date and include all Updates.

Give some gameplay footage/screenshots goddamnit.

From what I have heard and read, due to marketing reasons, the release of this game is somewhat dependant on the release of AC13.....so I assume the screenshots and videos would only come once they have been released for AC13. We have to understand that marketing strategies can build or kill any product nomatter how good it is. Lets be patient and trust both the publishers on what their plans are. I am sure even they want to show off the product they have created so passionately.....so it is 'as' difficult for them (if not more) to not show us the screens and gameplay videos.

Ross has already mentioned that there would be loads of videos and gameplay sessions (locally in their office) before the game is released, so lets be patient, as anyways, I am sure we are gonna get something pretty soon!!!

From what I have heard and read, due to marketing reasons, the release of this game is somewhat dependant on the release of AC13.....

Wow really? So if AC 13 doesn't release for next 2-3 months, we wont get any info of Big Ant cricket?

Is there a possibility that these guys are working with Trickstar and both games are the same with creation stuff outsourced to Big Ant :O

Wow really? So if AC 13 doesn't release for next 2-3 months, we wont get any info of Big Ant cricket?

Is there a possibility that these guys are working with Trickstar and both games are the same with creation stuff outsourced to Big Ant :O

We will be releasing regardless of AC13 (14? whatever :P), timing of screenshots/marketing may be determined by their releases of the same.

From what I have heard and read, due to marketing reasons, the release of this game is somewhat dependant on the release of AC13.....so I assume the screenshots and videos would only come once they have been released for AC13. We have to understand that marketing strategies can build or kill any product nomatter how good it is. Lets be patient and trust both the publishers on what their plans are. I am sure even they want to show off the product they have created so passionately.....so it is 'as' difficult for them (if not more) to not show us the screens and gameplay videos.

Ross has already mentioned that there would be loads of videos and gameplay sessions (locally in their office) before the game is released, so lets be patient, as anyways, I am sure we are gonna get something pretty soon!!!

We always have play-sessions prior to release in JB HI FI and EB Games in Australia - I understand that might not help you here however you will no doubt get first hand reports of the play.

looks like they are targeting only Indian users with all those movie stuff from Lagaan :doh:

It is a good thing, right? India is finally getting some love, why are you disappointed? It is the biggest game in India by far, and billions love it.

Also, which other country has a movie based entirely on cricket from which they can give costumes? It is a fantastic gesture by them.

I seriously have no idea why you are disappointed with it?

Only Indian users...? Because we chose to put a pair of gloves, pads, and head-band in the game? Really?!?

I am infact glad you did that Ross.....it is not a big thing from the game's perspective, but it was something that felt nice :cheers:

Also, people here wont know this, but this Lagaan stuff was added by BigAnt only after one of the members on PC told them about the movie and how it made every Indian proud by making it to the Oscars!!! It was also depicted as the first cricket match played by Indians in the movie :P! It is something that BigAnt did as a gesture of love towards the Indian community!!

We always have play-sessions prior to release in JB HI FI and EB Games in Australia - I understand that might not help you here however you will no doubt get first hand reports of the play.

I hope you give each member playing there a good amount of playtime.....getting user reviews is the best thing next to playing the game, however user reviews are only useful once they have played the game more than just a few hours :).

It is a good thing, right? India is finally getting some love, why are you disappointed? It is the biggest game in India by far, and billions love it.

Also, which other country has a movie based entirely on cricket from which they can give costumes? It is a fantastic gesture by them.

I seriously have no idea why you are disappointed with it?

Sure Indians will love..But what about other people outside India? They'll simply make fun and might even ignore game.

(Foreign user: hey look..some developer made cheap a*s cricket without proper kit..haha. I'm not going to pay for this sh*t..Let's pirate the sh*t out and check out.)

Also, will they get enough sale from India to keep them self and company alive?

(Sure lot of people from IVG will buy it..but what about others? Even at ~50rs, they refuse to pay.)

What will sell well is: Nice Cricket game with nice gameplay mechanics, proper names, kits, variety of game modes (International and Domestic), online gaming + Graphics and management (it's lot to ask..but it keeps user busy for months/years.)

Only Indian users...? Because we chose to put a pair of gloves, pads, and head-band in the game?

That's not really I was looking forward. Also, there is no reason for putting in-game apart from lulz. Play Cricket with that set against proper kit?

Since you guys are located in Australia, how many guys do really know about Lagaan? Because none of my friends in Sydney know about it.

___

Logically speaking, even one fast ball at ~70 MPH will break those pads and player will instantly fall down.

Instead of making it officially in-game, they should make a "mod"..where every user can enjoy the game in their own game without spoiling it for entire Cricket fans.

the release of this game is somewhat dependant on the release of AC13.....so I assume the screenshots and videos would only come once they have been released for AC13.

Then we have to wait for months or may be years..because you see AC13 announced it'll be released by June '13, but there is not even a trailer or anything..

They don't seem to be working on it with full interest.

Just my two cents.

(I'll still buy it and play..just not with Lagaan set.)

looks like they are targeting only Indian users with all those movie stuff from Lagaan :doh:

That is because only India has such a crazy cricket population, they want to sell it to that market,

75% of ICC revenue comes from India, and cricket is barely popular anywhere else in the world as it is in the Indian subcontinent.

That is because only India has such a crazy cricket population, they want to sell it to that market, 75% of ICC revenue comes from India, and cricket is barely popular anywhere else in the world as it is in the Indian subcontinent.

But how much revenue is generated from Indian Gaming Community as compared to other countries? It is well known that India is also big in Piracy :(

That is because only India has such a crazy cricket population, they want to sell it to that market, 75% of ICC revenue comes from India, and cricket is barely popular anywhere else in the world as it is in the Indian subcontinent.

Will they make enough profit from India itself? Considering 999 price and piracy?

They have already lost around ~7 million last year.

(The company's total debt to creditors is $6,784,453.34.)

Sure Indians will love..But what about other people outside India? They'll simply make fun and might even ignore game.

(Foreign user: hey look..some developer made cheap a*s cricket without proper kit..haha. I'm not going to pay for this sh*t..Let's pirate the sh*t out and check out.)

Also, will they get enough sale from India to keep them self and company alive?

(Sure lot of people from IVG will buy it..but what about others? Even at ~50rs, they refuse to pay.)

What will sell well is: Nice Cricket game with nice gameplay mechanics, proper names, kits, variety of game modes (International and Domestic), online gaming + Graphics and management (it's lot to ask..but it keeps user busy for months/years.)

That's not really I was looking forward. Also, there is no reason for putting in-game apart from lulz. Play Cricket with that set against proper kit?

Since you guys are located in Australia, how many guys do really know about Lagaan? Because none of my friends in Sydney know about it.

___

Logically speaking, even one fast ball at ~70 MPH will break those pads and player iwill instantly fall down.

Instead of making it officially in-game, they should make a "mod"..where every user can enjoy the game in their own game without spoiling it for entire Cricket fans.

Dude you are talking as if this is the default kit in the game and you are forced to play with it :doh:

This is just a mod in the game which is added to the creation mode!!! Thats about it!! They have different helmets in there as well (though I am sure you haven even used the cricket academy beta yet, so you wont know), doesnt mean you have to use them!!! The purpose of creation modes in games is to provide as much variation as possible for all sections of the gaming community!! There are proper pads, bats etc in the game, and the default teams would be having those. These pads are only for user created content incase someone wants to create something fresh for fun!

How this is spoiling everything for the entire cricket fans is just beyond my comprehension! And I would appreciate if you do not use the terms like 'Entire Cricket Fans' as I am also included in that list, and I do not see any problem in including these pads in the user creation section :doh:

Yeah but no one is forcing you to use those Lagaan pads and gloves and headbands. Why do you think westerner's will make fun of? The movie was superb enough to be nominated for Oscards, and you should not feel embarassed by that. It is a very good gesture and everyone should be happy about it. This doesn't make any sense.

Archived